Monday, July 4, 2011

A Vice Principal's World

Hello everyone,

I used to make fun of my vice principal when I was in high school, I know it wasn't nice but we did.  Never in my life did I ever think I would wind up in education, yet alone, be an administrator.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Now I am getting payback for all those times I made fun of my vice principal in high school.   I work in an urban district, punishment #1 and there is never a dull or mediocre day.  Punishment #2 is that I work in a middle school setting, grades 8 and 9.  What was I thinking? There is not a day that goes by when maximum decibel levels of my eardrums are not tested.  I wouldn't mind so much if the students were far away and screaming at each other.  No they stand 2 feet from each other and scream and yell at each other, standing right next to me (now I know why they don't do well in class, the teacher doesn't scream).  It is so bad, when I get in my car I immediately turn off the radio, which is tuned to NPR from the morning; now how bad is that.  I have to turn off NPR.

Needless to say, I will be wearing hearing aids by the time I am 40.  Well, I guess that is what I get for making fun of my assistant principal in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment